Difference between rigid and flexible culvert

Im currently designing manholes and handholes which i know that is almost same when designing box culverts. In LRFD design, there is a load factor design of 1.0 for rigid culvert and 1.5 for flexible culvert, I just want to know what's the difference between them. Could you give me example of flexible culverts?
Please help, thanks.

Ellen

Upgrade Outlook® - Add COLOR to your Emails
Outlook® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation