Re: Spiral Stair Analysis

MJS
If you looking for spiral stairs information, try the Iron Shop at "
theironshop.com" or at 1800-523-7427.  Unless you are trying to compete in
this arena, the Iron shop has pre approved reports that all you have to
specify is thier approved report number to specify a spiral stair case.  If
you are developing your own standards for fabrication, just remember that
live loads at 100 Psf and you should consider unbalanced loading for
stability and maximum moments.  Do not forget seismic loading as these
stairways get heavy especially when used at exterior decks and are
connected to the edge of framing.
Samir Ghosn, P.E.
Harris & Associates
(800) 827-4901 xt 360