Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
UBC Section 2126.96.36.199 - Lateral Force Distribution[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: UBC Section 2188.8.131.52 - Lateral Force Distribution
- From: "Klarkowski, Kevin" <Kevin.Klarkowski(--nospam--at)Jacobs.com>
- Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 08:42:53 -0700
Title: UBC Section 2184.108.40.206 - Lateral Force Distribution
When evaluating the distribution of lateral forces per UBC Section 2220.127.116.11 for a multi-story concentrically braced frame, it would seem that, to meet the intent of the Code provision, the "line" of bracing should be evaluated at each level, or story, separately, rather than evaluating the line of bracing over the entire height of the brace tower. Is this interpretation correct?
======================================================================================NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
- Prev by Subject: FW: UBC Eq. 30-1
- Next by Subject: RE: UBC Section 218.104.22.168 - Lateral Force Distribution
- Previous by thread: Re: Roof Sheathing at Ridges
- Next by thread: RE: UBC Section 222.214.171.124 - Lateral Force Distribution