Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: UBC Section 2184.108.40.206 - Lateral Force Distribution[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: UBC Section 2220.127.116.11 - Lateral Force Distribution
- From: "Yousefi, Ben" <Ben.Yousefi(--nospam--at)ci.sj.ca.us>
- Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 09:13:32 -0700
Title: UBC Section 218.104.22.168 - Lateral Force Distribution
You are absolutely correct. Although it is not explicity stated, the intent is to not rely heavily on the post buckling strength of compression braces, which is what would happen if you utilize a disproportionate number of them in one line of resistance, at each level.Ben Yousefi, SESan Jose, CA-----Original Message-----
From: Klarkowski, Kevin [mailto:Kevin.Klarkowski(--nospam--at)Jacobs.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 7:43 AM
Subject: UBC Section 222.214.171.124 - Lateral Force Distribution
When evaluating the distribution of lateral forces per UBC Section 2126.96.36.199 for a multi-story concentrically braced frame, it would seem that, to meet the intent of the Code provision, the "line" of bracing should be evaluated at each level, or story, separately, rather than evaluating the line of bracing over the entire height of the brace tower. Is this interpretation correct?
======================================================================================NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
- Prev by Subject: RE: UBC Section 2188.8.131.52 - Lateral Force Distribution
- Next by Subject: UBC/IBC: Question re CFS with Gypsum Board Sheathing (Shearwall)
- Previous by thread: RE: UBC Section 2184.108.40.206 - Lateral Force Distribution
- Next by thread: Steel Ladder Studs