Re: Roof Sheathing at Ridges

I have been doing engineering for residential housing for over 16 years in California and we've always blocked  the diaphragm at the ridge.  I know the code allows for
unblocked diaphragm but I've always felt the code does not address the situation
where there are sloped diaphragms coming to a point, as in a ridge.  In my opinion
this may produce vertical components of forces in the diaphragm... especially for
steep roofs.   By blocking the ridge could only help this situation