RE: RAMSBEAM question

Thanks for all the replies.

eric green

-----Original Message-----
From: Mitchell J. Sklar [mailto:mitchsklar(--nospam--at)psualum.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 6:30 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: RAMSBEAM question

I did this about two months ago. All the ram tables can be edited provided
you input the new values in the correct spot. My situation was an existing
composite beam that I wanted to add a bottom plate to.

1. I used the RISA-3D section property generator to obtain the correct
section properties for the said. beam.
2. I then inputted opened the RamSbeam wide flange table copied the original
W18x35, renamed the copy W18x35sp and changed the properties.

This allowed RamSbeam to use this new beam as a composite designed beam.
Beats hand calcs or approximations. You can used any method to obtain the
section properties, just make sure when you replace the original values you
are using a copy of the original database so as not to corrupt the original
values.

Mitchell J. Sklar, P.E., MBA
Senior Structural Engineer
mitchsklar(--nospam--at)psualum.com