RE: Steel Ladder Studs

USG used to make "Trussteel" studs and I remember having literature for
some other manufacturer also.  The chords consisted of a pair of wire and
the webs were of trussed wire.  I don't recall any with a "ladder"
configuration.  These studs were often used with metal lath and plaster
walls.  They could also be used with gypboard lath.  You might be able to
find some other manufacturers by looking at UL for fire-rated wall
assemblies.

Roger C. Davis
Architect
SDS Architects, Inc.