From: Jim Trenerry [mailto:jim(--nospam--at)concsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 2:59 AM
To: namvy(--nospam--at)hcm.vnn.vn
Subject: Mat Footing Design

Dear Sir,

I attach TN#6 which describes how to use our program for mat design. A
demo version is available.

Regards,

Jim Trenerry
Structural Concrete Software
425 482 0978
425 984 0205 (fax)
http://www.concsoft.com

From: "namvy" <namvy(--nospam--at)hcm.vnn.vn>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: mat footings under 15-storey building design

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C23D37.E8DD2D60

Hi
I design mat footings under 15-storey building (basement wall as a part
of mat) . dimension on plan is 7m x 30m . This has an duplex elvators
concrete pit at one side which I consider it as a shear wall up to the
roof . The most factor I am mentioning is the total combined vertical
load of this shear wall is 1400 tons . Mean while , those of the
adjacent columns are just around 600 tons .

Soil bearing capa supposed to be adequate under the shear wall area so
that it will be satisfied under the adjacent columns. But I am worrying
about settlement btw them
This is non seismic design
Questions: May I do the following solutions :
1.	Applying compressed driven pile only under the shear wall , ?
2.	Use only mat by positioning other balanced footing system?
Any solution is appreciated .
IF there is any source of books on mat footing design , pls tell me
Thanks
Strurocky