Re: RE Plywood Roof Diaphragms/ Swedge Anchors

One has but to look back 10 years at performance of roof structures and sheathing in Hurricane Andrew (8/92) and Hurricane Iniki (9/92) to see what happens to structures in high wind conditions that approached ultimate load, based on the design and construction features.  APA and other agencies published reports of performance and failure modes of residential and commercial buildings.  Contact APA Help Desk (help(--nospam--at)apawood.org).  There was an excellent compilation of home videos put together by media in Hawaii in 1992, that showed residential and
commercial building failures as they occurred during Hurricane Iniki; lots of good info for structural engineers and roofing experts to study on how structures perform - and fail.
John Rose
APA (Retired)
Tacoma, WA