Re: Roof Sheathing at Ridges - Max. pitch for effective diaph.

Mark, I don't recall that there is any limit to roof pitch for sloped
diaphragms.  But, just to make sure, I suggest that you contact APA's Help Desk
(help(--nospam--at)apawood.org) to have someone look up the information on folded plate roofs
(there is an APA report on the design method) for any discussion of roof
slopes.  Of course, the wind forces on a structure, and wind uplift forces on
the roof framing and sheathing, with high pitched roof probably would be greater
-- refer to ASCE 7 for analysis.  Also, diaphragm forces could also be higher.
John Rose
APA (Retired)
Tacoma, WA