Re: Another related roof diaphragm question

Albert, the detail I worked up for APA used plywood strips, cut to a bevel for
the cant strips.  It would be easy to do on a table saw, and splitting problem
is avoided.  I developed a simple table showing dimensions and angles for cuts,
for roof slopes from 3:12 to 9:12 (or higher, I can't remember).  This detail
should be in APA files, I don't think I have it in my (retirement) files.  As I
recall, 23/32" plywood was used for the strips, but again I'm recalling from
memory, which is getting foggier.

It would be possible to use sloping blocking between roof framing, but that
would be costly to install.  We decided to suggest the beveled cant strips.

John Rose
APA (Retired)
Tacoma, WA