Re: 1930 Steel Section Properties

Chris,

>From the Iron and Steel Beams: 1873 to 1952 (available from AISC):

B26 w/81 plf (Bethlehem steel produced around 1927 to 1930)
A=23.90 in2
d=25.78 in
b=9.47 in
tw=.44 in
m=.872 in (thickness of flange at web)
n=.495 in (thickness of flange at tip of flange)
Ix=2600.1 in4
Sx=201.7 in3
rx=10.43 in
Iy=84.3 in4
Sy=17.8 in
ry=1.88 in

For the 12x8, I did not find anything listed under the beams, but found
this under columns in the publication:

H 12/8 w/55 plf (Bethlehem steel produced around 1928 to 1930)
A=16.27 in2
d=11.875 in
b=8.12 in
tw=.43 in
m=.745 in (flange thickness at web)
n=.668 in (flange thickness at tip of flange)
Ix=406.9 in4
Sx=68.5 in3
rx=5.0 in
Iy=61.5 in4