Re: Post-Installed Anchors and Cold Joints

check with hilti?

----- Original Message -----
From: Andel James Contr AAC/WMO
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 2:14 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: Post-Installed Anchors and Cold Joints

We have a situation where we need to install several undercut anchors 30 inches deep into a 4,000 psi concrete base. This is based embedment into a monolithic base using the standard projected stress cone method for determining pullout strength.

Our problem is that there is a designed cold joint 21 inches below the surface of the concrete. The cold joint was constructed using an epoxy bonding agent that meets ASTM C-881 and has an ASTM C-882 slant shear bonding strength of 2,000 psi.

Is anyone aware of any research reports or guidance pertaining to how this type of cold joint would (or would not) affect the holding strength of the anchors?

Thanks
JimA