Re: 1930 Steel Section Properties

Chris,

Scott Maxwell wrote:

. > For the 12x8, I did not find anything listed under the beams, but found
. > this under columns in the publication:

. > [properties clipped]

As long as you don't want to analyze the section down to a gnat's eyebrow,
and recognizing that the beam has functioned adequately for about 70 years
based on slide rule design accuracy, the properties that Scott Maxwell
provided will probably put you in the right ballpark, if not the right seat.

I believe that some time ago, another person asked about the 12 X 8 @ 55#
beam and another list service subscriber came up with the properties from
some obscure manual.  Maybe that person can or will provide you with the
information.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona