RE: MathCAD

>To extend MathCAD capabilities you can incorporate Excel, AutoCAD and VBA
routines into your >MathCAD sheets.

>With Excel component of MathCAD Pro only) you can:
> - Pass data from MathCAD into an Excel file.
>
> - Double-click on the Excel component to use functionality from Excel.
>
> - Send values from an Excel file into MathCAD.

I started to use Excel components to take advantage of the list boxes and
text search capabilities of Excel within Mathcad. I have had problems with
these components, though. Occasionally, when a variable value is changed
within the Excel component, the variable does not automatically update on
the screen (or printout). The only solution I have gotten from Mathcad tech
support is to save, exit and reopen after any changes are made within the
Excel component.

-Heath