Re: Center of Gravity & Sling Loadings

>Is there a correct way to determine vertical
>loads at 4 different locations which are at unequal distances from the C.G.
>?
The problem is statically indeterminate. You have to make some
assumptions about the load distribution to solve it. The different
assumptions give you different results. Try doing a general free body of
the thing you're lifting and write out the equilibrium relationships. and
work from there. Depending on the load and how you propose to rig it, you
may be unstable, so watch yourself.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw