RE: Center of Gravity & Sling Loadings

Jeremy,

Unless I had an equalizing system for the rigging, I would assume that diagonally opposite lugs take all the load.

Notwithstanding the comments about an indeterminate system, for a quick direct approximation of lug force in each sling with all four slings working, distribute the load based on the ratio of the square of the tangent to the sum of the squared tangents.  Look at the angle between the horizontal plane and the sling in question.

Al Greene, PE
Bigge Crane and Rigging Co.