Re: Load bearing exterior wall supporting the cladding

Reza,

This will largely be effected by the type of cladding being used, but also
the type of load to which you may be concerned with (i.e. wind or
seismic).  Some types of cladding are relatively immune to larger lateral
drift (i.e. low end metal siding) while others are very sensitive to
larger lateral drift (i.e. brick).  In additional to the cladding
material, the details of the cladding and cladding attachment will affect
the abilit of the cladding to accomidate lateral drift.

Thus, a little more information will be needed before anyone can really
offer any advice.  And even then, the value of the advice may be somewhat
limited depending on how you choose to detail the attachment of the
cladding.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI