Re: Transfering Software licenses

Dear Juan,

Thank you for your response.
Yes, I will get this point clarified once again.

However, I am now wondering if one has to buy or take
over a whole company if the buyer is interested in
only the software packages owned by the company.

I still feel this is not a satisfactory state of
affairs and that software companies should not mind
old versions of software being freely traded as long
as their obligations of support are only to the
original purchaser.

I wish to understand why the software industry does
not permit this or recognize trading of software.

As regards the latter part of my mail, I agree that I
should have contacted you personally. It did not occur
to me at that time.

I am sorry. Please ignore it.

Regards
G Vishwanath

--- Juan José Treff De la Mora <jjtreff(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>