Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Fluorogold slide bearing alternatives[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Fluorogold slide bearing alternatives
- From: "Ken Peoples" <kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:43:01 -0400
I have a project with 70' long trusses with stainless steel bottom chords. The vertical reaction is about 20 kips and the trusses will rest on top of existing concrete walls. I do not know what kind of horizontal load the walls can take as this will be the responisbility of others. We specified Fluorogold slide bearing plates, but the owner does not want to use them because of the expense. It has been suggested that we might use a "polished" stainless steel plate assembly. I do not know the cost difference or what kind of friction factor I could expect to obtain with this system. I would like to know if any of you have any experience with using this type of system for a sliding connection or if you might suggest other less expensive alternatives to the Fluorogold.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates
1584 Weaversville Road
Northampton, PA 18067-9039
Phone: (610) 262-6345
Fax: (610) 262-8188
- Prev by Subject: RE: Floor Loading on Plywood
- Next by Subject: Re: Fluorogold slide bearing alternatives
- Previous by thread: Pile Load Testing
- Next by thread: Re: Fluorogold slide bearing alternatives