Re: Fluorogold slide bearing alternatives

Ken,

If I understand this right you have a 70 feet long truss with $$$ stainless steel bottom cords and the client is worried about the pennies in the slide plates??.  The Fluorogold slide plates (formally distributed by Furon now Seismic Energy Products) are not that expensive.  Double check the costs, especially compared to the truss, relief on the wall loads, construction, etc.  You may want to contact Merriman Lubrite Company (if they are still in business) for an alternative slide plate design but I think they are even more expensive than Fluorogold.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Ken Peoples" <kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>

08/14/2002 06:43 AM
Please respond to seaint