RE: Perforated Shear Wall - codifying engineering judgement

Forrest:

Some people have better judgement than others.  They should add a code
provision to quantify which engineers are capable of using good judgement.
It has been my experience that some engineers frequently use bad judgement
while some sometimes use bad judgement while others normally use good
judgement. Codifying something is a way of guaranteeing there is a uniform
playing field. Normally codifying something ensures people using good
judgement don't have the rug pulled out from under them by people using bad
judgement.  Sometimes however the codes allow people using bad judgement to
override people using good judgement.

Respectfully,

Respectfully,
Scott M Haan P.E.