From: Haan, Scott M. [mailto:HaanSM(--nospam--at)ci.anchorage.ak.us]
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 4:18 PM
To: Seaint list (E-mail)
Subject: time before building on or backfilling concrete foundation
walls

Are there any rules of thumb about time limits on when it is acceptable
start building on a concrete foundation walls and footings?  It seems
you
would not want to backfill a basement wall or retaining wall until the
design strength is reached but I cannot find a code reference and
wondered
if there is any guidance published on the subject.

Thanks.

Scott M Haan P.E.
Plan Review Engineer
Building Safety Division