Re: time before building on or backfilling concrete foundation walls

We generally specify that half height backfill can be done 7 days after
grouting.
As far as starting framing on concrete walls and footings, I believe 7
days is a reasonable time to begin, if nothing overly heavy is placed.
For slabs, the problem is they always end up either driving trucks or
loaders or placing large piles of lumber on the slab. Therefore I believe
a longer time is justified.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA