RE: time before building on or backfilling concrete foundation walls

Gerard,

I don't believe that ACI 318 has anything on this.  I looked through
quickly to be "sure" and did not find anything.

Scott,

This would typically be a judgement call by the engineer of record (kind
of ironic considering the other thread out there about judgement <grin>).
Gerard's answer is consistant with what I have seen/used in the past.  I
am used to specifying that the concrete must obtain 75% of the 28 day
strength, which will typically occur fairly close to the 7 day point.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI