Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: More on Lintels[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: More on Lintels
- From: "seaosc seasoc" <mjs7737449861(--nospam--at)msn.com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:19:08 -0500
A lintel, wide flange shape with bottom plate, carries masonry load min bearing only at ends, having an eccentricity causing torsion load, it is designed for the vertical loading and the tensional stress and is about 20 feet long 3" eccentricity and within the allowable 0.3" deflection requirement and combined stress is less then 0.66Fy.
Is there a requirement to be concerned about the rotation of the member if the above is satisfied?
Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com
- Prev by Subject: Re: moment frame to grade beam connection
- Next by Subject: RE: More on Lintels
- Previous by thread: Re: time before building on or backfilling concrete foundation walls
- Next by thread: RE: More on Lintels