From: Jeff Smith [mailto:smthengr(--nospam--at)sirius.com]
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 7:11 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: shotcrete walls

I have a project where the contractor "informed" me that they were going to
shotcrete a retaining wall in lieu of cast in place (after the footing was
poured). I am not near my code, but as I understand it, anything with bars
greater than #5 requires that test panels are prepared. Also there are
specific requirements for spacing and non-contact lap spices.

I am only aware of a few cases where shotcrete test panels have been
prepared. I know of one project where it took the contractor 8 attempts to
get it right. This project had large congested bars.

Jeff

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org