Building Permit in Monterey County

Title: Message
Has anyone done any structural work in Monterey County?

I tried to call the building department but I'm getting answers slowly.

I have a winery project in the central cost, I wondering if a building permit is required for wine storage tanks (very large tanks, 12'-15' diameter, 20'-25' height) anchorage.  I think the tank foundation needs to have a permit.  What about the anchor designs, since the tanks are not really designed per any code requirement.  Also the catwalk system that's needed to access the top of the tank.  I think these are considered "process equipment" and does not need any building permit.

Any ideas?  Thanks

Y i   Y a n g  P. E.
Summit Engineering Inc.
Santa Rosa, CA