Re: Impact resistance of fiber reinforced concrete

Alp,

From the design side the subject of penetration and scabbing from wood and steel missiles on concrete is covered in "Structural Analysis and Design of Nuclear Plant Facilities", ASCE -  Manual and Reports on Engineering Practice - No. 58.  I am not sure where you get it these days but a search of the internet should find it.  Most of the formulae are empirical based on varies types of testing.  The early testing was done by the military for obvious reasons and later on by Bechtel and Stone & Webster when nuclear power plants were the rage.

Good Luck,

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

Alp Eren Yurtseven <aeyurtseven(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>

08/21/2002 05:09 AM
Please respond to seaint

        To:        seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Impact resistance of fiber reinforced concrete

Hello,

I am required to design fiber reinforced concrete
targets to withstand the hits of projectiles of
certain calibres.  Could you please recommend some
references about the topic?  This is a part of my
master thesis, and I have almost a year to complete
the design but I need a starting point.  Thanks in
advance.

Best Regards

Alp Eren Yurtseven