FEMA 356 YIELD DEFLECTION

I just finished up a testing program of stucco shear walls with openings and I wanted to compare my results with FEMA 356 yield deflections but I have a couple questions.

Using Eq. (8-1) and Table 8-1

1)  I do not have holdowns, only anchor bolts 6" from wall ends and 6' o.c. so what is a recommended da value?
2)  How do I account for the openings?  For my b, do I use my net wall lengths?

Some insight on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew Eric Arnold
Graduate Student Researcher
Department of Structural Engineering
University of California, San Diego