Re: wine tanks

>Is the basic stability of the tanks such that overturning is a non-issue?
This always needs checking, recognizing that a tank in a confined area
can only tip so far.

>What is the possibility of a winery worker or visitor being crushed between
>tanks as they are allowed to walk around?
Probably about the same as someone being crushed under a tank when the
supports give way. If the motion is only a few inches as stated, it's not
likely that any serious injury would result except under contrived
circumstances (Full magnum of wine left atop tank; slips off edge and
brains bystander. Head thrust into confined area between tank and fixed
object; skull fracture when tank moves.

>(conversely, what is the
>possibility of drowning or killing someone with the escaping liquid if the
>tank splits?)
Don't see this one--bystander simply drinks his way to exit. (Didn't Bob
and Doug MacKenzie demonstrate this one at a brewery?) Sorry--shouldn't
make jokes about earthquates--won't happen again.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw