Point loads on strip footings

Integrated Design Services, Inc.
13891 Newport Ave., Suite 110
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 368-5080 x115
FAX (714) 368-5088
E-mail:  robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com

August 21, 2002

Nick

You may want to consider using a retrofit helical steel screw pile.   They
work exceptionally well to give added support under new point loads at
existing continuous footings.  A good source is Chance Anchors.
www.abchance.com
I have used them successfully on several projects.  It is an ICBO approved
system with special inspection.

With Joy & Hope

Bob Freeman, Architect
Structural Designer