Re: Impact resistance of fiber reinforced concrete

Alp,
Have you look at the "International Journal of Impact Engineering? There are numerous research papers published in this journal. It covers the following topic:
Velocity: High/Low
Noses:    Sharp. Oval, flat, etc
Targets:  Steel, Concrete including fibre Reinforced Concrete, Masonry,
                etc.
P.S.:    I don't know what information are you looking for i.e theory
            and/or test specimens. I may able to help you to some extent.
Himat Solanki, P.E.(Structural)

>>> aeyurtseven(--nospam--at)yahoo.com 08/21/02 08:09AM >>>
Hello,

I am required to design fiber reinforced concrete
targets to withstand the hits of projectiles of
certain calibres.  Could you please recommend some
references about the topic?  This is a part of my
master thesis, and I have almost a year to complete
the design but I need a starting point.  Thanks in
advance.

Best Regards

Alp Eren Yurtseven