Re: Point Loads on Strip Footings

>From the information provided, the wall looks to be 9'
high. What is its width? Is the wall 8" thick? What
are the dimensions of existing strip footing?

One idea is to remove the top two courses of exsiting
wall and replacing it with a reinforced concrete beam.
Then it can be assumed that the point load is more
widely spread leading to reduction in stresses on wall
itself.

If the existing footing is 16" wide and the wall is
long enough the pressure on soil may not exceed 2000
psf.

Rajendran