Re: Point loads on strip footings

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate everyone's input on this topic.
 I have contacted an the AB Chance's local contractor, and helical screw piles
may be a good solution for increasing the  soil bearing capacity below the strip
footing and perhaps for the tying back the masonry wall.

Regards,

Nick.

|--------+-------------------------->
|        |          "Bob Freeman"   |
|        |          <robert.freeman@|
|        |          idsse.com>      |
|        |                          |
|        |          08/21/02 04:43  |
|        |          PM              |
|        |          Please respond  |
|        |          to seaint       |
|        |                          |
|--------+-------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------|
  |     To:     seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org                            |
  |     cc:     (bcc: Nick Pitera/EG-Engrg/3M/US)            |
  |     Subject:     Point loads on strip footings           |
  >----------------------------------------------------------|

Integrated Design Services, Inc.
13891 Newport Ave., Suite 110
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 368-5080 x115
FAX (714) 368-5088
E-mail:  robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com

August 21, 2002

Nick

You may want to consider using a retrofit helical steel screw pile.   They
work exceptionally well to give added support under new point loads at
existing continuous footings.  A good source is Chance Anchors.
www.abchance.com
I have used them successfully on several projects.  It is an ICBO approved
system with special inspection.

With Joy & Hope

Bob Freeman, Architect
Structural Designer