Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Hardy Frame Panel PFC #5342[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Hardy Frame Panel PFC #5342
- From: VerneK(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:45:18 EDT
The 16" Hardy Frame panel is essentially a "C" channel bolted to the foundation.
The ICBO report says an R value of 4.4 is acceptable. In my opinion, this is
a cantilever column and an R value of 2.2 should be used. I have contacted
the manufacturer and they insist that R=4.4 is acceptable. What is SEAONC
point of view on this?
Verne Kurokawa, PE CA & NV
- Prev by Subject: RE: Gypsum sheathed shear walls
- Next by Subject: RE: Hardy Frame Panel PFC #5342
- Previous by thread: Earthquake Simplified Analysis
- Next by thread: RE: Hardy Frame Panel PFC #5342