From: linxin_0(--nospam--at)ccermail.net [mailto:linxin_0(--nospam--at)ccermail.net]
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 1:39 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: confining effect of transverse reinforcement

in case of column with large axial force and small moment, transverse reinforcemant will increase the column strength sharply, but in case of column with small axial force and large memont, the effect of confining is very limited for only part of the column resists the compression.

High Quality FREE Mail System For Economist
http://www.ccermail.net/

China Center for Economic Research
http://www.ccer.edu.cn/

China Economic Network