Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Base Plate for Moment Frame-Shear Transfer[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Base Plate for Moment Frame-Shear Transfer
- From: "Bülent Deveci" <bulentdeveci(--nospam--at)turk.net>
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 18:26:35 +0300
The most common method to transfer shear force from base plate to footing is to weld
an L profile ( shear key ) under the base plate and to form a rectangular cavity on the R.C. footing to enable the leg of the L profile go in it. The dimension of the cavity should big enough to provide adequate bond between steel plate and grout to be applied. Without using a shear key, it would be difficult to cope with this problem. You may need large diameter bolts as it will subject to both tension and shear known as combined load.
Bülent Deveci S.E.
TEM Consulting Engineers
Internet'e Turk Nokta Net'in ISDN hizmeti ile bağlanın, hızınızı ikiye katlayın!
- Prev by Subject: Base Plate for Moment Frame-Shear Transfer
- Next by Subject: Re: Base Plate for Moment Frame-Shear Transfer
- Previous by thread: Re: Base Plate for Moment Frame-Shear Transfer
- Next by thread: RE: Re: Base Plate for Moment Frame-Shear Transfer