Re: Glass Cracking

Steven,

The windows that cracked are both fixed.  The upstairs window has a small
(~6" high) tilt-in vent window below it that has evidence of an break in the
seal between panes, i.e., condensation on the glass on the inside of the
pane(s).

For what I know/don't know, see my response to Jesse's and Jeff's posts which
was sent at the same time I received your post.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Steven A. wrote:

. > Roger,

. > are these low 'E' windows with argon gas between panes?
. > are they fixed or casement/sliders/double-hungs?
. > do you think insulation was installed between the window frames and rough
. > openings?

. > Steven A.
. > Los Angeles