From: Peder Golberg [mailto:peder(--nospam--at)jgpierson.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 4:09 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Flyash

I have an architectural client who wants to use between 35% and 50% flyash
to replace the cement content in a slab on grade (with a w/c ratio of 0.40).
The slab will be covered with flooring that is very moisture sensitive and
this amount of flyash is being recommended to the architects by the "green"
designers.    I have always thought 20% was the maximum recommended and any
more than this makes the finish work and curing not practical along with
strength issues.

Any have any good or bad experiences (or references) using this high amount
of flyash content?

Peder Golberg
Portland, Oregon