Inspection of privately owned bridges?

A client of mine, steel plant in eastern Pennsylvania, has asked me to do
some research on the legal requirements for inspections of privately owned
bridges, which span over waterways on the steel plant's property.  I'm not
sure whether this under OSHA, Dept of  Transportation, or some local or
state regulation. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Keith Hyndman, P.E.
khyndman(--nospam--at)engineeringsi.com
Engineering Solutions Inc.