Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Ring Beams/Ring Girders[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Ring Beams/Ring Girders
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 19:33:27 EDT
Say you have a tall tank, for example a grain silo, which is supported on a slab on grade with a thickened edge. (Bolted down with anchor bolts or whatever).
If an overturning moment is applied to the tank, there will be a twisting (torsional) moment applied to the thickened edge section, which is acting as a ring beam.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Ring Beams/Ring Girders
- Next by Subject: Risky Business
- Previous by thread: Re: Ring Beams/Ring Girders
- Next by thread: RE: Steel-Detail: LRFD Limit States