Effect of salt water on masonry walls

I?m working on a project with an 8? partially grouted cmu wall which was exposed to salt in some form or another (adjacent to some vats in a Culligan water softener building). Culligan has since moved out. Some wall flaking has occurred in places, ¼? ? ½? thick or so. No evidence of exposed reinforcement. The wall ht is about 10? to the roof (one-story), few openings and no big-time loads. Should I be concerned with this damage, is it an ongoing process like rust, and where can I find some guidance for mitigation?

Regards

Jesse D. Moore

Oceanside, CA