From: Bill Allen, S.E. [mailto:Bill(--nospam--at)jrma.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 9:38 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: STAAD or RISA?

Now that I've upgraded my box to Win XP Pro, my STAAD3 version doesn't run
and I'm faced with an upgrade.

The upgrade price is the same as buying RISA 3D and I would be interested in
opinions on which way to go.

Pros and cons as I see it:

Pro for STAAD: Familiarity (I've been using it since version 8). This
feature is not as strong as it once was since the GUI is totally different
than what I'm used to. The file structure appears to be similar, though.

Pro for RISA: I know Bruce Bates and I know he is service oriented. I've
heard bad things in this area regarding STAAD, but, in the years I've run
STAAD, it's never been an issue for me. I've never needed tech support, etc.

Other issues? I'm certain there are several.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bill Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)