RE: STAAD or RISA?

I know STAAD and would really recommend RAM International products. You should try (they have a 30 day working demo) RAM Advanse before making your decision. Version 5.0 has a new connection design module that is great. It is extremely easy to learn and also very powerful.

If you're thinking in overall building design try RAM Structural System and if you're looking for non-linear then RAM Perform might do the job.

Juan J. Treff

PS If you're interested in VisualAnalysis and VisualDesign, my friend still sells his licenses.