From: glrafter(--nospam--at)netscape.net [mailto:glrafter(--nospam--at)netscape.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 1:56 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE:STAAD or RISA?

These discussions are pointless. Each engineer should decide what is best for them by going through the examples, tutorials, etc. Just because I like a Nissan Xterra doesn't mean everyone should. I like it because of its price, its trunk space, etc. There are things that I put more value on than other features. I use STAAD.Pro for cold-formed steel design and heavy-duty dynamic analysis. Not for its concrete, or its solid elements or because someone told me to. I am comfortable with it. Also, anybody who says they can learn a structural software package in 2hours and know everything inside and out is either working for the marketing dept of the software company or is building 5 member portal frames for a living.

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.