From: glrafter(--nospam--at)netscape.net [mailto:glrafter(--nospam--at)netscape.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 11:56 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE:STAAD or RISA?

These discussions are pointless. Each engineer should decide what is
best for them by going through the examples, tutorials, etc. Just
because I like a Nissan Xterra doesn't mean everyone should. I like it
because of its price, its trunk space, etc. There are things that I put
more value on than other features. I use STAAD.Pro for cold-formed steel
design and heavy-duty dynamic analysis. Not for its concrete, or its
solid elements or because someone told me to. I am comfortable with it.
Also, anybody who says they can learn a structural software package in
2hours and know everything inside and out is either working for the
marketing dept of the software company or is building 5 member portal
frames for a living.

http://webmail.netscape.com/