RE: Gypsum sheathed shear walls

Al,

I would say that if there is nothing specific in the code to prohibit the
use of gyp sheathed shear walls, but only the problems with the drift
criteria, then you will have to use your engineering judgement if you want
to use gyp sheathed shear walls.  This could involve doing an envelope
solution for rigid/flexible diaphrams and designing for the worst case
scenario.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI