Re: Cluttering Up The List (WAS RE: STRUCTURAL SPREAD SHEETS)

Bill,

Not that it is a defense, but some people may find themselves caught by
the way that the SEAINT list is setup.  If it setup like the email lists
that SEAMi uses through the SEAINT server, then the "to:" field is
automatically filled with the seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org address in most email
clients (that was how SEAMi's email list were setup).  The results is that
someone who does not post to often or does not pay attention to what they
are doing since they are moving quickly, may accidently end up posting to
the whole list rather than the original sender.  We at SEAMi certainly
encountered this problem.

It is not a problem for myself since I use PINE on a Unix box for this
email account and it always asks if I want to reply to the "reply address"
(seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org in this case) or the original sender.  Thus, I don't
know for sure if the SEAINT list is setup similar to the SEAMi email lists
through SEAINT.

OTOH, many of the posts are likely from people who intended to post to the
whole list!

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI