Re: Master/Slave (Was STAAD or RISA?)

Scott,

        Thanks for bringing this Master/Slave thing up.  I have never properly understood it.

        As I see it making a group of nodes slave to one other node makes ALL of the degrees of freedom for the group the same.  This means that the group can move "en mass" but can not rotate since rotation would some nodes to move more than others (ie. rotate about some axis).  I can't visualize any practical use for this feature.  If anyone can clarify the real use of this Master/Slave thing I would appreciate it.

        Thanks for any clarification that can be provided.

Best regards,

H. Daryl Richardson